MEDIATION FEE SCHEDULE
4 HOUR / HALF DAY RATE - PER PARTY
2 PARTY $1500
3+ PARTY $1250
6 HOUR RATE - PER PARTY
2 PARTY $1750
3+ PARTY $1500
8 HOUR / FULL DAY RATE - PER PARTY
2 PARTY $2000
3+ PARTY $1750
MEDIATION FEE POLICIES
1) Minimum and Staff Time Charged - The minimum time charged is the time reserved on the mediator’s calendar. While we do not change any additional administrative fees for mediations, we reserve the right to bill a $100 online mediation service and administrative charge for mediations taking place virtually, online via video or tele-conference. A $70/hr office staffing surcharge applies to mediations exceeding 5:15 p.m. or for mediations taking place on weekends.
2) Cancellation Policy – A cancellation fee will be assessed for mediations that are postponed or cancelled within fourteen (14) business days of a scheduled hearing. The per-party fee will be billed to each party’s attorney (or per the engagement agreement), unless another matter can be scheduled to fill the time reserved on the calendar. The cancellation notice must be received in writing to Pacific ADR before 5:00 p.m. on the 14th business day before the mediation date to avoid a late cancellation fee. (The mediation date is not counted for cancellation purposes). A case that withdraws from mediation at least fourteen (14) business days prior to the mediation date will have no cancellation fee. Multi-day mediations have customized cancellation deadlines.
3) Mediator Billing Guidelines – Half Day, 6- Hour Rates, and Full Day rates set forth above include the following services: mediator preparation time, time to review submissions, and pre-mediation phone or conference calls with Counsel and/or Clients. Mediators will bill hourly for travel and post mediation follow-up time, pursuant to the fee agreement on file at time of scheduling. Pacific ADR Mediators reserve the right to bill additionally at an hourly rate for excessive amounts of pre-mediation material. Hourly rates are billed at $500/hour for all Pacific ADR Mediators except William Cornell which is billed at an additional $550/hour.
4) Fee Responsibility - The mediation fee is billed to the attorneys or representatives of the parties to the mediation, with payment due 10 business days prior to the date of the scheduled mediation. Pacific ADR is not responsible for obtaining payment from individual or business clients of attorneys. All representatives receive a mediation fee memo before the mediation session, with prepayment being prerequisite to mediation. If prepayment cannot be made, please contact us immediately.
5) Withdrawal/Settlement of a Party in Multi-Party Case – If a party involved in a multi-party mediation effort settles out or otherwise withdraws from the mediation before the cancellation deadline (and notifies Pacific ADR as required in para. 2 above), there will be no further fee obligation for that party. If the withdrawal or settlement occurs after the late cancellation deadline and the remaining parties do not agree to reallocate the fee obligation, the withdrawing party remains obligated to share in the applicable fee reallocation.